SICELIIntegrator(operator, timesteps, power=None, power_density=None, n_steps=10)¶
Deplete using the SI-CE/LI CFQ4 algorithm.
Implements the stochastic implicit CE/LI predictor-corrector algorithm using the fourth order commutator-free integrator.
Detailed algorithm can be found in section 3.2 in Colin Josey’s thesis.
- operator (openmc.deplete.TransportOperator) – The operator object to simulate on.
- timesteps (iterable of float) – Array of timesteps in units of [s]. Note that values are not cumulative.
- power (float or iterable of float, optional) – Power of the reactor in [W]. A single value indicates that
the power is constant over all timesteps. An iterable
indicates potentially different power levels for each timestep.
For a 2D problem, the power can be given in [W/cm] as long
as the “volume” assigned to a depletion material is actually
an area in [cm^2]. Either
power_densitymust be specified.
- power_density (float or iterable of float, optional) – Power density of the reactor in [W/gHM]. It is multiplied by
initial heavy metal inventory to get total power if
poweris not speficied.
- n_steps (int, optional) – Number of stochastic iterations per depletion interval. Must be greater than zero. Default : 10
- operator (openmc.deplete.TransportOperator) – Operator to perform transport simulations
- chain (openmc.deplete.Chain) – Depletion chain
- timesteps (iterable of float) – Size of each depletion interval in [s]
- power (iterable of float) – Power of the reactor in [W] for each interval in
- n_steps (int) – Number of stochastic iterations per depletion interval
__call__(bos_conc, bos_rates, dt, power, _i=None)¶
Perform the integration across one time step
- bos_conc (numpy.ndarray) – Initial bos_concentrations for all nuclides in [atom]
- bos_rates (openmc.deplete.ReactionRates) – Reaction rates from operator
- dt (float) – Time in [s] for the entire depletion interval
- power (float) – Power of the system in [W]
- _i (int, optional) – Current depletion step index. Not used
- proc_time (float) – Time spent in CRAM routines for all materials in [s]
- bos_conc_list (list of numpy.ndarray) – Concentrations at each of the intermediate points with the final bos_concentration as the last element
- op_results (list of openmc.deplete.OperatorResult) – Eigenvalue and reaction rates from intermediate transport simulations
Return pairs of time steps in [s] and powers in [W]
Return integer number of depletion intervals
Perform the entire depletion process across all steps